The following are compulsory:
- 1 litre water capacity minimum, 1½ litre recommended
Depending on the weather forecast the organiser may make one or both the following two items compulsory, which will be communicated by email beforehand and/or announced at the venue.
- Waterproof jacket
- Fleece top
The weather forecast for Schalkwykskraal can be obtained here.
Also consider the following:
- Collapsible drinking cup. NO CUPS will be supplied for energy drinks at the refreshment stations.
- Sun and wind protection (hat, sunscreen, lip balm)
- Blister and chafing prevention/treatment (lubricant, plasters) – according to your experience
- The water points will have the following available: water, energy drink, potato chips, Marie Biscuits, jelly babies. Bring whatever else that you might need.
Littering may lead to disqualification. If you do find a piece of litter that a runner might have dropped inadvertently, do pick it up—thank you!
No smoking on the route
Fire can cause huge economic losses and community disruption.
Stay on the route
Don’t deviate from the marked route except by the smallest distance, for instance to include a flower in your picture, or to do you-know-what. Deviating a hundred metres from the route to take a selfie at the water’s edge is a no-no.