This page is under review for the 2022 event
60km: R (to be announced)
40km: R (to be announced)
20km: R (to be announced)
12km: R (to be announced)
- Marked route
- Three water points on the 60km, two on the 40km, and one on the 20km and 12km. Stocked with water, energy drink and snacks. In the interest of the environment there will be NO CUPS at the water points. Bring your own collapsible cup for the energy drink.
- Medical support with off-road capability
- Oviston Nature Reserve entry fee included (except for the 12km which doesn’t pass through the reserve)
- Shady venue with a view of the reserve and Gariep Dam for relaxing after the run
- Eats and drinks for sale.
- Each finisher will receive a wooden cheese cutting board
- Game drives for supporters is a possibility – to be confirmed with Oviston Nature Reserve.
For the 60km and 40km, participants must be at least 18 years of age on the day of the race.
For the 20km and 12km, persons of slightly younger age are allowed to participate with parent’s/guardian’s consent on condition that the person is able to take part independently of any adult, in other words he/she must not only have the required physical ability but be mentally tough, remain composed during emergency, take own responsibility for adhering to the rules and race instructions, and carry his/her own equipment as per the compulsory gear list.
To be announced.
Fill in the form below to request entry to the race.
Depending on whether the race limit has been reached, we will either mail you the entry form or put your name on the waiting list.
The entry form contains instructions for entry and payment. Following payment, the names of entrants will be displayed on the list of entrants.
Those on the list of entrants will receive final communication two weeks before the race.
You will receive an automatic email response to verify that your request has been submitted successfully.
The closing date is Friday 9 April 2021 at 16:00.
Substitutions are allowed until the closing date (date to be announced). An administration fee of R100 per person substituted is applicable.
Reply to previous email communication or use the contact form to request substitution.
The substitution will be done once the completed entry form and administration fee have been received.
Reply to previous email communication or use the contact form to request your entry to be cancelled.
Refunds for cancellations will be done according to the table below.
|Until 31 Dec 2020||100%, less R100 admin fee per entrant|
|From 1 Jan to 28 Feb 2021||50%|
|After 28 Feb 2021||None|
Downgrading and Upgrading
Upgrading can be done up to the closing date for entries. Inform us and make payment for the difference in the entry fee.
Downgrading should preferably be done before the closing date for entries, but will be possible after this date and even at registration. The difference in entry fee will not be refunded.