R120 per person, for participants and non-participants. Only available on pre-order with entries. Choose between mutton stew and vegan stew. Other food will be for sale.
- Marked route
- Two water points on the 40km and one on the 20km. Stocked with water, energy drink, potato chips, Marie Biscuits, jelly babies. In the interest of the environment there will be NO CUPS at the water points. Bring your own collapsible cup for the energy drink.
- Medical support with off-road capability
- Oviston Nature Reserve entry fee included
- Shady venue with a view of the reserve and the dam for relaxing after the run
- Eats, drinks (bar) and coffee for sale at the venue, besides the optional Karoo lunch which is pre-payable. Free rusks with your pre-race coffee or tea purchases.
- Each finisher of the inaugural run in 2021 will receive a 20cm × 15cm painting of the area
- A free tour of the dam wall has been arranged for the Friday afternoon, dependent on the operational schedule of the Department of Water and Sanitation.
For the 40km, participants must be at least 18 years of age on the day of the race.
For the 20km, persons of slightly younger age are allowed to participate with parent’s/guardian’s consent on condition that the person is able to take part independently of any adult, in other words he/she must not only have the required physical ability but be mentally tough, remain composed during emergency, take own responsibility for adhering to the rules and race instructions, and carry his/her own equipment as per the compulsory gear list.
Entries for the 2021 race open on 1 October 2020. Until then, and for entries that exceed the limit of 100 runners, a waiting list is in effect.
Fill in the form below to request entry to the race.
Depending on whether the race limit has been reached, we will either mail you the entry form or put your name on the waiting list.
The entry form contains instructions for entry and payment. Following payment, the names of entrants will be displayed on the list of entrants.
Those on the list of entrants will receive final communication two weeks before the race.
You will receive an automatic email response to verify that your request has been submitted successfully.
The closing date is Friday 9 April 2021 at 16:00.
Substitutions are allowed until the closing date (see above). An administration fee of R100 per person substituted is applicable.
Reply to previous email communication or use the contact form to request substitution.
The substitution will be done once the completed entry form and administration fee have been received.
Reply to previous email communication or use the contact form to request your entry to be cancelled.
Refunds for cancellations will be done according to the table below.
|Until 31 Dec 2020||100%, less R100 admin fee per entrant|
|From 1 Jan to 28 Feb 2021||50%|
|After 28 Feb 2021||None|
Downgrading and Upgrading
Upgrading can be done up to the closing date for entries. Inform us and make payment for the difference in the entry fee.
Downgrading should preferably be done before the closing date for entries, but will be possible after this date and even at registration. The difference in entry fee will not be refunded.
Late Ordering of Karoo Lunches
Karoo lunches can be ordered and paid for up to the closing date.